UC Davis experts answer 6 common questions about the drought.
"While some criticisms [about the California drought] that appear frequently on social media have a basis in reality, others are completely untrue," UC Davis experts say. Dive in to the recent UC Davis Magazine's piece, "Who is to Blame for California's Drought?" to hear CWS researchers Jay Lund, Karrigan Börk, and Richard Frank answer 6 common questions about the drought.
- Why don’t we just build more dams?
- Are we dumping water into the ocean?
- How can agriculture survive the drought?
- Is it Southern California’s fault?
- Would desalination plants solve the drought?
- Will we survive the drought?
Jay Lund is a co-director for the Center for Watershed Sciences and a distinguished professor of civil and environmental engineering.
Karrigan Börk is an associate director at the Center for Watershed Sciences and an acting professor at the School of Law.
Richard Frank is a senior researcher at the Center for Watershed Sciences, professor of environmental practice, and director of the California Environmental Law and Policy Center at the UC Davis School of Law.