Research Advisor: Jay R. Lund
Current second-year PhD student at UC Davis in Water Resources Engineering Program (started Fall 2015). Research Assistant at Center for Watershed Sciences involved in various groundwater and agricultural sustainability projects. PhD research project based on development of stochastic planning model to study irrigation-system impacts to basin recharge under regulated groundwater conditions (e.g., California Sustainable Groundwater Management Act).
- Modeling and measurement analysis for optimizing water resources systems.
- Conjunctive management practices and sustainable use of surface and groundwater.
- General hydrology and irrigation and drainage engineering.
- Efficient agricultural water use and conservation techniques.
- Environmental and land use impacts of regional irrigation and water development projects.
Simultaneously a Water Resources Engineer for the California Department of Water Resources (DWR) at the North Central Region Office (NCRO) in West Sacramento.
Contact e-mail is firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred) and phone number is 262-490-2271
Personal LinkedIn Page
- "10 Things to Know About California Water Use" Article, 89.3 KPCC Southern California Public Radio
- Association of California Water Agencies (ACWA) Website
- Cadillac Desert Documentary Video (YouTube, 1 hr 20 min)
- Original "California Water Atlas" Book, 1979
- California Water Documents, Claremont Colleges Digital Library
- California's Water Policies and History (Timeline), Humboldt State University
- California Water Wars 1970s Documentary Video, Stephen Fisher Productions (YouTube, 28 min)
- "From the Family Farm to Agribusiness" Book, by Donald J. Pisani 1984
- "A Guide to Water Transfers" Report, by State Water Resources Control Board (SWRCB) 1999
- Life in the Central Valley of California, Coronet Films 1949 (YouTube, 10 min)
- Water Education Foundation Website (Check "Layperson's Guides")
- Water Resources Collections & Archives (WRCA), Digital Collections at UC Riverside
- "Zero Percent Water: Scenes from the New American Dust Bowl" Article on California Drought, Matter 2014